LEARN MORE RSS



How To Use A Conditioner Bar

Solid Roots' solid conditioner bars are the best and easiest to use on the market, but they do take some getting used to if you’re used to using liquid conditioner. The bars are a solid choice for getting your most sleek, shiny, and healthy hair. They will glide easily onto the hair, effortlessly detangle, and rinse cleanly!

Continue reading


How To Use A Shampoo Bar

Solid Roots solid shampoo bars pack a real punch when used correctly. But there is a slight learning curve if you're used to liquid shampoo. The bars are a mega-concentrated form of shampoo chock full of amazing hair-loving ingredients, like omega-rich oils and butters, potent botanical extracts, and delicious-smelling essential oils. They will lather up and rinse clean just like the products that you’re used to – but your hair will look way awesome-er, and be healthier, to boot!

Continue reading


Solid Roots Supports Aid in Ukraine

On February 24, 2022, Russia invaded its neighboring country of Ukraine. If you’ve been following the news, you know that major attacks have been reported across Ukraine, spreading fear and panic and causing an unknown number of deaths – both military and civilian alike. With this humanitarian crisis unfolding, Solid Roots has contributed its Root Cause of the Quarter donations for Q1 to support efforts in Ukraine.

Continue reading


A Year of Successes

Today marks Solid Roots’ 1st birthday and I couldn’t be more thrilled that we’ve made it this far! Thank you for your endless support - I definitely wouldn’t be here one year later if it weren’t for the amazing people I have met during this journey: every customer, every person who has wandered into our booth at a market never having even heard of solid shampoo and conditioner, every referral, every skeptic, every fellow small business owner, social media follower, and retail partner. Thank you, thank you, thank you from the bottom of my heart!

Continue reading


Solid Strategies for #ZeroWaste

In 2018, according to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (U.S. EPA), about 146.1 million tons of solid waste was sent to the landfill. Food waste was measured at about 24 percent of that total. Containers and packaging clocked in at 28.1 percent. That’s 52.1% of our total landfill waste that can be avoided. How?  By composting and choosing products in compostable packaging. Composting is the natural process of recycling items, like food scraps, yard waste or bio-based packaging, into an amazing fertilizer that can enrich plant growth. It’s plant-based alchemy! 

Continue reading